Sunday, August 2, 2015

Updates; this past week.

"Waiting outside a cafe for my love to return. I know it's only August, but it's never to early to sport nice Halloween themed attire! It's officially the month where Halloween goods start appearing in stores, so, excuse me for being a little bit excited!"

Wow, I haven't written anything here since July 20th, and it's now August first, so I have a lot to say! Much has happened in these past several days, so i'll try and cover as much as I possibly can in this single post.

"My furry little love and I at the Phish concert."
Anyway, last week my love took me to see a band called "Phish". I'm more used to going to metal, goth, industrial, classical, and synthpop shows, so this was a new experience for me. Unfourtunately, this concert was held at one of my LEAST favorite venues here in CA- the Shoreline. Phish is described as Neo-Psychedelia, Blue-Grass, Acid-Rock, Funk-Rock, and Jazz-Rick. So, the type of people who often attend these shows are also Grateful Dead fans, meaning; drugs, sex, unfortunate dancing, career-concert goers, very little black people, and most importantly: WOOKS. That's right, Wooks. To safe myself the time and effort, here's the Urban Dictionary definition of Wooks:

TOP DEFINITION
"noun or adjective. a dirty, hairy, stinky, mal-nourished, dishonest creature that often travels in packs, with possibly and unfortunately, mangy, multi-colored dogs on hand-made all natural, organic hemp leashes, or alone wandering aimlessly around a concert (usually "hippie music") parking lot with a few seemingly more important than the music goals; find as many mind altering substances and cram them into their bodies as fast and furiously as possible, get into the show somehow, don't lose the dog this time, and if by chance they come across unattended property such as a cooler, chair, backpack, or a beverage, it will then become their own. also once inside the show and the music begins, even if it sucks, a true wook will never be able to tell the difference because once the substances take effect, many of them can actually be seen dancing and "gooving" to music that only they can hear. wooks are only useful in one way: if you are trying to warn or scare a younger more easily influenced friend about the dangers of drugs, just tell them to observe and study the behaviors of wooks in their natural surroundings, but warn them that if they get too close, they may risk becoming one themselves!
My friend's older brother is a sneaky wook"
2

A wook is a hippie without any ambition, motivation, or drive other than drugs and image. They're generally in their twenties, college students (or dropouts) at small-town liberal colleges (such as Appalachian State University) and dependent on an income other than their own. 
Wooks tend to travel in packs, they smell strongly of patchouli and are in constant search for free drugs. One of the defining characteristics is an excessive amount of unkempt hair, usually in dreadlocks.

It is important to make the distinction between a hippie and a wook. Hippies can generally be viewed as positive, optimistic members of society with an idealistic goal for the betterment of society. Wooks are everything that you've been warned about in regard to hippies wrapped into a neat little package.
hippie, wookie, wook, dirty hippie, college student"

So, you get the idea. I've met a handful of Wooks in my life, as a Berkeley native, but, seeing so many in such a small area was not only stinky, but, quite amusing, and a bit frightening, to say the least. I certainly don't trust the lot of them, that's for damn sure. Anyway, the show was OK, not the usual music I listen to, but it was nice, and not annoying, and I enjoy live music in general, so I had a decent time with my love. I didn't know how to dance to it though, which was frustrating at first. "Grooving" just isn't my style, and the majority of the audience were terrible dancers, so I couldn't look to them to get a good idea of what to do- the majority of them were on some serious drugs anyway, so it's not like they even cared how horrible their dancing was, or how ridiculous they looked, and once I got a little too high, I wasn't even able to stand anyway, so attempting to dance was futile.
"Sitting on the grass, waiting for the show to start."
One super annoying thing about this show was the fact that I had dabbed, had a few drinks and took some Xanax, so I was already on a pretty good high for the majority of the show, but even when I fucking stressed this to several people, they kept pushing more drugs on me, especially acid. luckily, they eventually got the message and leaved me alone. Another annoying this was when my blood sugar got low, and we were desperately looking for some kind of sugary beverage for me to drink, but the ONLY thing that everyone had for sale was alcoholic. Alcohol tend to lower the blood sugar even more, so drinking it not only would have been very counter-productive, but also highly dangerous. Luckily, we eventually found a couple selling Gatorade, and bought it all from them. So I was saved.

"Still sitting on the grass and waiting."
On our way out of the park, we bought some nitrous balloons and got silly in our car before taking off. It was pretty cheap nitrous, definitely not medical grade, and big waste of money in my opinion, but, whatever. When we got into our car to drive away, our engine suddenly started smoking because it became overheated. It was so scary. We didn't want to risk it exploding, so we turned the car off and put a bunch of ice and water on it to cool it down. Eventually, it was safe enough to drive, and we got home safely. By the time we got home, though, it was about 3am, and we accidentally locked ourselves out of our car, so we had to wait for a fucking hour for AAA to come and save us. It sucked big time, because we were both super tired and just wanted to shower and go to bed. We eventually made it inside, and crashed as soon as our heads hit the pillow.
I don't know if I ever have the desire to attend another Phish show, because it's really not my scene, but, if my love ever wants me to go with him again, I will happily join him. I think it's fun watching him in his element and enjoying himself. It's certainly weird stepping outside of one's usual scene and diving head-first into an unfamiliar subculture. I was a bit uncomfortable at first, but, all in all, it was a fun learning experience. The people were mostly friendly, despite a few crazy druggies, and personal hygiene issues, so, it was a decent experience, and I'm happy to say I did it.

Moving on:

Last night my friends Kitty and Jonas came into town to visit, so we got a group together and went out for dinner and a wonderful vegan restaurant called The Loving Hut. The food was so good, you wouldn't even care if it's vegan at all! I'm super happy that my stomach was being nice, so I was able to try a number of items on the menu. Like this:

"Vegan Flan! I have a bad habit of ordering dessert before actual dinner arrives, haha."

I would have been devastated if I couldn't eat out with my friends yesterday due to medical issues, because ever since they moved away, I rarely get to see them, so this get-together was very important to me. After I ordered the vegan flan, I them ordered this for appetizer no.2:

"Vegan strawberry and chocolate cheesecake. I didn't eat the crust, of course, because gluten. It was so good, I was surprised!"

I also ordered the BEST lemonade I've ever had in my life, two Thai Iced teas, and this amazing ginger-rice-noodle dish:

"Vegan ginger-tofu, rice-noodles. So fucking good, I swear."

"Me, sitting at the restaurant."
The food was all super tasty, and all of that, combined with my love's food and drinks as well, only came out to $47, plus tip. So, I left there super happy, and didn't even have to spend an arm and a leg to feed two people. I will be returning there one day, it was that good.
After dinner, we all drove back to Alameda, to Kitty's parent's house where we bullshitted for a few hours, shared drinks, and dabbed. Me, being the dumbass/silly clown that I am, smoked everyone's leftovers, so I became super high, more high than anyone else. It got to the point where I needed to get myself home and get to bed, because I had clinic in the morning, and I knew I wouldn't wake up the next day if I didn't get myself into bed soon. Of course, even though I tried to get to sleep in a timely manner, I ended up missing the clinic altogether. Such an idiot sometimes. Oh well, luckily we had some medication save for a rainy day, so I didn't have to suffer withdrawal thank fucking god.

"Kitty, me, Hannah. I look crazy, haha. I love these two so much."
Earlier today, my love and I went out for a date, as date-night is often on Saturdays, and we like to at least get out and enjoy each other's company a couple times a week. We went to a Mexican restaurant, where, of course, I ordered dessert first again, and a delicious blended strawberry margarita, which whipped cream and a cherry on top. Yay! My food was good, my love's though? Not so much. After indulging a little too much at that vegan place the day before, I guess he wanted something nice and lite, so he ordered a salad. Unfourtunately for him, the salad had beets on it, and he HATE beets (I had no idea, we learn something new every day.) I, personally, LOVE beets, so I tried to help him out by eating some of them, but, he had lost his appetite.

"At least this margarita was pretty damn good."
The restaurant was gracious enough to take the salad off our tab, but, the bill was still super high. I would have requested that they look over the receipt to see if they overcharged us (which the did) but, my love and I started arguing about something, and became pissed off at the whole ordeal, so we just decided to leave. Date night ruined. We've since calmed down, and made up, and all doing just fine now, but it was a pretty heated argument. My love, though, being the decent person that he is, apologized first, and made me feel better. I wish I weren't such a cry baby, but I absolutely HATE fighting. In fact, I pretty much hate all drama, and try my hardest to avoid it at all costs. I'd rather just agree to disagree with someone, especially my significant other, than fight about it. That's just not how the real world works though, and every couple argues and/or fights from time to time, and if I were to bury my head every time I'm faced with confrontation, then I'd never have a successful relationship. So, I bite the bullet, and do what I usually hate doing. It really makes me wonder how some people love chaos, and drama, and stirring shit up. It makes zero sense to me. I'd much rather live in peace with my fellow humans that be constant at each other's throat, y'know? But, some people really love a good fight. It's like they wake up in the morning and say to themselves "so, how can I start shit with someone today to feed my need to be a pain in the ass because my life is empty and meaningless and this is what I do to feel alive." I think such people have no consideration or regard for how other's feel. It's disgusting, in my opinion, and I'd rather not associate with those types, but, I digress.
Now, my love and I are in bed. He's snoring away like a cutie, and I'm up writing this. I feel a little bit sick, so I'm kind of worried that another gastroparesis attack is underway, so, I'm going to try and take it easy tomorrow. I do have to go to the clinic tomorrow morning, and I absolutely cannot miss another day, so, I should wrap this up and force myself to try and get some sleep. Thanks for reading again! I'll try and write more tomorrow night!

Oh, and here's you daily picture of yours truly!:

"MOTD, and my look for date night,"
~xoxo LoliClown/Misty Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment